We are always delighted to meet new additions to the family. If you have a new puppy or kitten then please give us a call so that we can check them over. Our Veterinary Health Advisors will be pleased to weigh your new pet, give him a Health Examination and discuss any initial problems. This is a free service but please make an appointment.
The first appointment with the veterinary surgeon for a new pet’s vaccinations will normally be for 20 minutes (from 6-8 weeks old in puppies and 8-9 weeks old in kittens), usually followed by a second appointment 2 to 4 weeks later. Due to the current high level of Parvovirus infection in the Plymouth area, we also recommend a third Parvovirus only injection at 16 weeks of age. Pet Health Club members benefit from having vaccinations included within their plan. See our Pet Health Club section for further information.
During the first two appointments we will:
- Carry out a thorough physical examination and discuss any findings.
- Weigh your pet and talk about his or her diet.
- Start the vaccination programme.
- Invite puppies to attend our puppy socialisation classes.
- Advise on worm and flea control.
- Issue a free insurance cover note.
- Discuss microchipping.
- Discuss reproductive control.
- Answer any other questions you may have.
- Issue you with a free information pack to help keep your pet happy and healthy.
Following the initial two vaccination appointments our Veterinary Health Advisors offer free monthly health checks prior to our Adolescent Health Examination at 5-6 months of age, which is prior to any neutering operation. At this time we check on how your pet is progressing, carry out a full physical examination and discuss any problems that you may be experiencing. We also explain dental care, nutrition and ongoing parasite control. This service is free for puppies and kittens under 6 months old.